Fully supported bikepacking trip from RBM Mckinney, to Erwin Park, to Isle Du Bois State Park, and back to RBM Mckinney. The ride on Friday will be about 10 miles on paved roads. The Saturday ride to Isle Du Bois will be about 40 miles on a mix of gravel and paved roads. The Sunday ride will be about 30 miles on a mix of gravel and paved roads.There will be a shuttle available to carry any supplies and camping gear for participants to each destination.
Friday, February 7th (10 miles)
4:00PM Arrive at RBM’s Mckinney store for pre-ride meeting and packing up the shuttle RBM McKinney (9040 Falcon View Drive, Mckinney, TX)
4:30PM Depart Richardson Bike Mart’s Mckinney store for Erwin Park
6:00PM Arrive at Erwin Park
6:30PM Set up camp
7:30PM Dinner and libations around the camp fire
Saturday, February 8th (40 miles)
10:00AM Depart for Isle Du Bois State Park
12:30PM Regroup & Lunch at “SAM’S FAMOUS REST STOP”
2:30PM Check-in to IDB State Park
3:00PM Set up Camp
7:30PM Desert and libations around the fire
Sunday, February 9th (30 miles)
9:30AM Depart for RBM Mckinney
11:30AM Regroup & Snack mile 20
1:00PM Arrive at RBM Mckinney
*This is a "rain or shine" event. However, RBM reserves the right to cancel the ride in the event of severe weather. Rider is responsible for his or her safety.
Bikepacking 101 Clinic
Thinking about joining us for the next Out of Office adventure? Join us Wednesday January 29th as we go over details of the upcoming trip as well as some basics of bikepacking. Please be sure to join us to collect your swag bag, go over the basics of bikepacking, and get final details on the upcoming trip
Event Sign Up
Clinic Date: Wednesday January 29th
Clinic Time: 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Clinic Location: Richardson Bike Mart - Richardson
1451 W. Campbell Rd.
- A bike that accepts 28mm tires or wider
- Flat repair kit
- On the bike nutrition for all 3 days of riding
- Shelter (tent, pad, & sleeping bag)
- Front & Rear lights
- Smartphone and/or GPS navigation device
- Rider must be capable of riding a bicycle at least 40 miles on mixed surface roads. If you have never ridden 40 miles before on mixed surface roads, please consider one of our shorter distance rides later in the year.
- Entry fee and camp sites at Isle Du Bois State Park and Eriwn Park
- Shuttle for carrying your food/gear to the park each night and back to Richardson Bike Mart
- "Sam's Famous Rest Stop" on Saturday including drinks and snacks
- RBM guides on the road each day
- $25 RBM store credit and "swag bag"
Questions? Please email Robert
*This is a "rain or shine" event. However, RBM reserves the right to cancel the ride in the event of severe weather. Rider is responsible for his or her own safety. Cancellations after 2/5/20 will not be issued a refund.
- You CAN leave your car in the Richardson Bike Mart McKinney parking lot.
- The pace will be slow, we will stop often to smell the flowers, regroup, take pictures and high five each other whenever we feel the need.
- Participants are responsible for bringing an “on-the-bike pack lunch” on Saturday
- Erwin Park has minimal amenities, but DOES have and public toilets
- If you register for this event, or are thinking Please email Robert@bikemart.comabout registering for this event, please attend our Bikepacking 101 Clinic, Meet & Greet on Wednesday, January 29th 6:00-7:00pm at our Richardson location (1451 W. Campbell Rd, Richardson, TX 75080).
- The routes are subject to change, final details and routes will be emailed after you register, but here are links to DAY 1, DAY 2, and DAY 3
- Questions? Please email Robert@bikemart.com