Longing for those cooler Fall bike rides? Us, too. While there’s a lot to look forward to, the shorter days and milder temperatures do bring their own challenges to cyclists. And let’s be honest, the weather will remain wildly unpredictable here in North Texas.
At Bike Mart, we have all of the essentials to ensure you are prepared to hit the trails this Fall – no matter what the season throws your way. Stop by any of our seven locations and let our friendly and knowledgeable staff help you transition from Summer to Fall with the right gear in mind.Find A Location
Dress for Success
Dressing appropriately for the weather can be a challenge during fall. Early morning rides, overcast skies, and earlier evenings all mean less visibility. Cool mornings can turn into warm afternoons relatively quickly. Here are a few tips to help you choose the correct attire for your rides this fall:
Wear bright-colored, reflective clothing to increase visibility in gloomy conditions.
Lightweight convertible jackets with easily removable sleeves can provide a windproof layer and easily convert into a vest if you warm up too quickly.
Water-resistant or waterproof jackets keep you dry if you get caught in the elements.
Wool fabrics offer additional warmth without extra bulk.
Our Favorite Fall Clothing Picks
See and Be Seen
It's that time of year when daylight becomes scarce. Good lights make you more visible to drivers, light up the trail on those brisk mornings, and make sure to light the path home if you get caught admiring those fall sunsets too long.
- Bright, front-and-rear Daytime Running Lights are the best tool to increase visibility to motorists.
- When trail riding, use two front lights. One on your helmet, one on your handlebars.
- Flashing patterns are 240% more noticeable than solid lights.
- We recommend lights with at least 250+ Lumens for night road riding and 500+ lumens for unlit streets or mountain bike trails.
Favorite Lights Picked by Our Cycling Experts
Whether the Weather
With the scorching heat of the summer behind us, it's time for great weather and more time spent outside on your bike. However, with Fall can come unpredictable weather. Earlier sunsets, later sunrises, and occasional rain showers. We have everything you need to keep you riding with a smile all Fall long.
- Commuting more? Add some fenders to your bike to avoid getting splashed during those rainy fall days.
- Change the tires on your bike to accommodate the changing riding conditions. Grip those slippery leaves and damp pavement.
- Riding longer on a variety of terrain requires more preparation – and more gear. Handlebar bags, frame bags and packs will keep your keys, wallet, phone, snacks and even spare clothes safe and close at hand. BONUS: They also take weight off your back so you can ride more comfortably.
Peace of Mind Picks
Hydration and Fuel
Hydration is just as important with a chill in the air as when it’s blazing hot. Always bring at least 20 ounces of water per hour of riding, eat before your rides, and carry nutrition to give you energy while out on that Fall ride. Avoid dehydration and bonks!
We also recommend carrying electrolytes like Skratch or Pickle Juice.
Always Remember: Don't wait for the feeling of extreme thirst; this could be one of the initial signs of dehydration.Shop Hydration and Nutrition
Find a Fall Ride
Looking to enjoy the cooler temperatures but don't know where to start? We've got you covered! Each of our seven locations has plenty of group rides and a variety of speeds. We believe that Life Is Better On A Bike--even more in the Fall!
Store Group Rides